Monday, January 19, 2009

My Favorite Turkey Burgers

Yesterday, I made my favorite turkey burgers for Jim and I in an effort to do a little penance for eating one too many chocolates. I usually don't like ground turkey, finding it often turns out very dry. These burgers, however, are packed with flavor and usually stay pretty juicy.

Turkey Burgers with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Kalamata Olives
Ingredients:
1/2 lb ground turkey breast
1/2 lb ground dark turkey meat
10 or so Kalamata olives, chopped
2 tlbs chopped sun-dried tomatoes that were packed in oil
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
salt and pepper

Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and form into patties. Try not to overwork the meat as you mix it together because it will result in a drier burger.

I usually cook these over medium to medium high heat on a grill pan indoors. I've never tried to grill them outside before, but I imagine as long as you didn't put them directly over the flame, they would be fine.

I usually serve these on whole wheat hamburger buns with arugula. The full recipe, which is available on Epicurious, suggests a mayonnaise with chopped basil in it, but I usually skip that part.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you didn't tell me you were blogging...I'm hurt! ;-)

    This is a great idea and so, so perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete